Thursday, June 25, 2009

In Tribute to the Jailer




When I was stationed on Okinawa shortly after the earth began to cool, I made friends with a young second lieutenant and former Vietnamese linguist known to those of you who visit his blogpage as The Jailer. He is one of the most godly men I know and his family also reflects the fragrance of Christ as few others I have known.
Two days ago he took command of the USAF Honor Guard. For those of you who may not be acquainted with the Honor Guard, let me just say that you can count on one hand the number of military positions with greater prestige and public visibility than this one (with the possible exception of the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels). Anyway,in honor of the man who has everything but gives it all in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Way to go, Jailer! How you shine for Christ and for our country!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! We so wish we could have been there to support him in this great honor. But we were there in thought and prayer.

    Blessings to you today my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Just wanted to say it was nice talking to you the other day. I'll send the link this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris -- if only I deserved a portion of these very kind words. I want you to know that you are truly a hero of mine, and one of a handful of men I most admire.

    Allelu.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete